Hassle vs Serene - - - ??

Research - Management ??

Scientific - Corporate ??

Hassle vs Calmness - - -

Yesterday, my batchmate, Mr.P.Venky asked me - "Hey, tell me da, am in a big dilemma, I got an awesome course offer from a CAT coaching centre, I badly want to take that, but I'm wondering if I might miss out on Research and the Masters by chosing the CAT, tell me da, what do I do? "

Now, my answer follows, but, it's a strongly biased idea, biased to my notions and ideas and may not appeal to many.

------I start my avarthanam----------

At the abut of this answer, I will say, this is not a guidance, Since you have asked me, I will give my opinion and what I would have preferred at this junction.

A bursque reply would be - "I will prefer Research, the Scientific, Calm life"

At the penultimate year of my bachelors, I have gained some considerable experience in Research and have mingled with many people in the management/economic/corporate sector. Based on these, I will now aver my answer by first stating the reasons for my aversion towards the Corporate Sector.

Eh, I find economic, market life to be too fast for me ! I am a slow runner, like to amble along slowly, grasping things as they come along, not skip things,run, stumble and hassle my way through through things. I find people involved directly in the management of a company, corporate gentlemen, to be always too busy, always on the run, they do not have time to even chat for some 5 minutes, do not have time to listen to music, do not have time to gossip ! , do not have time to sit and write blogs, do not have time to , do not have time to, do not have time to . . . . . . always, u find such a person saying - "hey, I'm sorry, I just don't have the time, I have a meeting at" , or "Hey, I'm sorry, I just dont have the time, I have to complete this stuff before 6 " . . . . so many reasons, meetings, answering 20 phone calls in a minute, working with databases till 5 pm, very often over time work, work, work , work .. . . . too busy, no time , very very very fast, always walking at a brisk pace, submerged with work, tensions, afraid when the market will fall, have to try and defeat time, always to be working along with the clock, always ticking every second, ...OH MY GOD !, I definitely cannot stand such a buzzle, definitely cannot stand such a rapid, artificial life.
I feel, if I get into the corporate world, I will definitely miss out on Simple things in Life ( I will very soon post on what I mean by simple things and why I love them!).
It is indeed a alacritic world, full of brilliance, live time challenges, controlling people, taking some 'in the nick of time' decisions, rapid aptitude, so many challenges daily, dealing with people etc., It is indeed splendind, that is precisely the reason, why I talk to such people. I love to listen to those challenges, I admire the guts of these guys, the simply brilliant ways by which the economic gurus shape the market, how the current industrial lords developed their empire, the economic reforms, I admire the way these guys think, how the producers manage to stupefy the consumers, the way leaders talk and the power and thrust they carry in their speeches, this part of the world overlows with raw brilliance.

But, still, it is too fast, all the guys are brilliant, phenomenal, but, but . . . their only goal - Money. This monetary basis of their life defeats the chance to glean and appreciate simple things in life. Some are bourgeois, always on the lookout of for individual development, which I strongly averse.

Okay, enough of Coporte world, it's already got me tired !


Research . . . for me . .it's pure music ! There is no hassle, no tiny deadlines, no clock to follow, no boss to boss over you, no meetings, no tension, nothing ! pure, raw, crystal clear world, where your brilliance knows no boundaries, unleash your potential to any extent you can, think of anything you can, experiment what ever you want . . . awesome freedom for the vibrating mind. You will be living with things that not many would have even dreamt of, (time travel - can u beat that !! possible in corporate world ???) , do awesome stuff, develop new, novel things. Here, I feel we can get to experience the most simplest things of life. You walk along a calm street, chatting with a fellow researcher, talking some high funda stuff, but, the you move slowly with the nature, (nature likes to crawl) , you blossom along with the flower, you do not try to overtake the snail unnecessarily !
Music, you can spend time to listen to music, you can work with music, it can be your partner, in the counterpart world, music is an extra fitting, an hindrance for your work !
As you dwell more and more into research, you will find things, nature responding to your thoughts, your mind will always KNOW peace, calmness, the balmy nature . . . Everything will be so soothing, you will realise many things, understand many things. The satisfication when you understand completely a concept, be it simple or complicated, can never be experienced in the corporate world. (I told you this is biased !) . When you develop your own concept and the world acknowledges it, such an feeilng can never be even dreamt of in the corporate world.

an simple example -

See, you may achieve something great, make some nice profit for your company, but, you will be celebrated for a short time, you will be cajoled, blandished, but after some time, people will forget you , your effort will be washed away, you will become a void.
In Research , your efforts will be rememberd throughout, every further advancement in that field will give credit to whatever small thing you have contributed in that field. You will always be celebrated, even after you die, your name will be etched and you may be celebrated too ! This kind of honour can never be got in a corporate life, to get such an honour in the corporate sector, you have to strive a lot and achieve something really ground breaking and that takes years and you might achieve that only in your late 50s !, by that time, in the research field, by your 50s, you will be known worldwide and would be a legend !

So, the idea - - -

Coporate is too fast, your simple things will be lost, you cannot continue ur passions - only aim, - get more money
REsearch - you can take it at your own pace, fast , slow, crawl - your choice, you can do whatever you want, develop new passions, - many aims - develop new things - realise a lot - enjoy a lot!

So, that's it da, this is my opinion, it is perfectly biased on my ideals !!!

Anyways da, I do not know why you asked me of all the people, anyways, I am happy that you value my opnion :) !

----------I end with a theermaanam----------------

So, I guess that was one long, coarse post !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Realisation of the ultimate power, what the power is I cannot say, but I know it exists, is only possible if you can admire and appreciate the simple things in life - - The Maharishi

0 comments: