I wanna some projs...so that I can get a good MS and a good Job..

I had a nice incident yesterday, there is this classmate of mine - Mr.Ram (name changed on account of privacy!!)

He is a brilliant man, no doubt, but very very lazy and lethargic. He said "Macha, get me a project in IISc da". Well, I believe - "Sarve Janaa Sukhinoo Bhavanthu" , so I helped him out, gave him an idea and we are currently in the process of procuring him a guide in IISc.

He suddenly asked me - "Macha, do you know what is the prime difference between you and me", well I rattled of a lot of differences blah blah..!

He said - "You do research because you love it, I want to do a project which I can call as a research so that 't will help me land up with a nice univ. in America for my Masters"

Me - "o O o , that's great !, but remember da, even to complete your Masters, you have to submit a Thesis that should involve purely novel research, and in the US its a lot tougher than you think"

He - "De, I can take care then da, if the need comes I will do it, why do you think I did not do a project or a training during my 2nd year ? because I was not interested "

then we drifted off...

The point is, Ram clearly understands what is Research and why he wants to do one. That is very important, he sure can take it up if the need arises and am confident his Masters would pose no challenge to him. He just wants to add value to himself so in the end of the day he may land is a good company with a juicy salary and a neat little family !

So , that is the major feelings and purpose for many who do projects and strain a lot to crack the GRE to enter into one of the top schools for Masters. So, be confident that you can tackle the pressure in the US during the Masters and simply Surf Ahead !!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post!.. reflects the reality